Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Community Highlights



Resident Spotlight- Toni

"I arrived at Deborah’s Legacy in March after being released from jail. Upon moving in I was broken, scared, and didn’t know who I was. All I knew was that I didn’t like the person I had become. Deborah’s Legacy offered me many things, and my acceptance of these things is a big factor in where and who I am today. I was offered the love of the Lord, a solid foundation, acceptance for who I was and where I had been, and unconditional love. These were all new to me, but everything I needed. I have grown and am continuing to find out who “Toni” really is. I am grateful today to be able to say thank you to all of you that support this program. My journey has been amazing and will continue to be."
Toni is in Stage 3 of the Legacy program- Mentoring roommates, saving for her future, and making a transition plan for her next stage of independence. We appreciate the heart she has for the community and look forward to the role she can play as our first graduate. 




In 2015, Legacy has...

  • welcomed 7 women into the program
  • celebrated 4 level advancements
  • helped 6 women find employment
  • referred 20+ women to outreach programs 
Generous people from North Platte and beyond lovingly support our residents' efforts to maintain recovery, heal from wounds, enjoy stable employment, and find safe housing. Such support sends a powerful message of hope to women who walk through our doors. Find out how you can join our Legacy community by visiting our redesigned webpage and clicking on the serve or donate tabs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Deborah's Legacy
All images © Deborah's Legacy. All rights reserved.

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs